Sarah is a writer/motivational speaker/arts consultant. She was a 2010/2011 Inaugural Fellow @ the Writers Center, SUNY/Purchase.
Her literary work includes:
1) The Wanderlust: A South Carolina Folk Tale (SBW Promotions, 2015). A prize-winning Zora Neale Hurston-inspired folk tale
2) Primary Lessons: A Memoir, CavanKerry Press Ltd. "Primary Lessons" was added to a blogger's list of "books to read for diversisty"
3) Feelings Brought to Surface (Harlo Press, 1979)
4) My Dear Dakota (an autobiographical, young-adult novel - in progress)
Her essays have been anthologized in:
Children of the Dream (Simon & Schuster Pocket Books, 1999); Dreaming in Color, Living in Black and White (Simon Pulse, 2003).
Gardening On A Deeper Level, (Garden House Press, 2004); Heartscapes: True Stories of Remembered Love, (Spruce Mountain Press, 2012)
On the web, visit the following links:
1) to view a 2001 "Women's History Month" presentation Sarah made about the artist BeA haverbusch.
2) to views video interviews with Sarah as she talks about "Primary Lessons," click on the links below"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwZ5D04lOc (interview with Leland Pinder, WIS-tv 10, Columbia, SC)